ELIGIBILITY for PARTICIPATION
PARTICIPANTS: cartoonists over 35 years of age
COUNTRIES: EU & Western Balkan Countries
WORKS: cartoons, comic/strip (if with words – in EN)
FORMAT: digitally created works or digital images of hand-drawn works (.jpg, .png, .pdf 300 dpi)
NUMBER of WORKS: by the participant’s choice
REGULAR PARTICIPANT should send to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org up to 31 August 2021:
- Filled APPLICATION FORM
- Short BIO + PORTRAIT photo
- Digital images of SUBMITTED WORKS
Note: By completing the application, the author gives to the organizers a non-exclusive right to use, exhibit, study and publish his works for the needs of the event.
SELECTION: 14 shortlisted cartoonists will be selected by 14 winning young cartoonists of the OPEN CALL #1
INTERNATIONAL JURY: Tanja KRÜGER, Germany (GOETHE-INSTITUT) | Kornelija KONESKA, North Macedonia (OSTEN World Gallery of Cartoons) | Norbert VAN YPERZEELE, Belgium (Cartoonist) – will decide about the awards (First, Second and Third Award).
- Cartoons deemed to be identical or closely similar to the known works by another cartoonist - will be rejected.
- If it is determined that the cartoonist has violated any of the conditions for participation after the awarding - the jury has the right to withdraw the award.
- The international jury will pay particular attention to both the idea and visual expression of submitted works, as well as: originality, innovative means of delivering message, visual design, clarity and quality of submissions.
11x PLAQUES as FINALISTS of the OPEN CALL #2
1x FIRST AWARD (500 EUR money prize + Plaque + lecturer of the 3-days Creative Workshop)
1x SECOND AWARD (300 EUR money prize + Plaque)
1x THIRD AWARD (200 EUR money prize + Plaque)
The First, Second & Third AWARDED CARTOONISTS will participate from their studios in the online event by drawing live and participating in the Q&A discussion.
The FIRST AWARDED CARTOONIST will be appointed as a lecturer for the 3-days creative workshop and he/she will receive 300 EUR honoraria + accommodation (with breakfast) in the OSTEN ART HOTEL Skopje + travel expenses to/from Skopje
31 August 2021 submission period (do not miss it!)
10-17 September 2021 jury activities for the OPEN CALL #2
20 September 2021 announcement of the results
20 September 2021 online exhibition
30 September 2021 online event (live drawing, Q&A)
13-15 October 2021 3-days creative workshop in Skopje
- ONLINE EXHIBITIONS (one for the young, one for the established cartoonists)
- JOINT EXHIBITION (young & professional cartoonists together) at the OSTEN GALLERY in Skopje
- PRESENTATION in the CATALOG of the 53 WORLD GALLERY of CARTOONS Skopje 2021
- HUGE INTERNATIONAL MEDIA PROMOTION
The organizers will notify all regular registered cartoonists about the jury decision by email and will publish the results on their websites and the websites of the partners, as well as the other electronic and social media.
For additional info about the Digital Cartoons Project EU – Work in Progress… please see the link:
For any additional question please contact us on the e-mail: email@example.com.
WELCOME ON BOARD and GOOD LUCK!